[Samba] help

McCarthy, Rae rmccarthy at cincom.com
Thu Oct 24 19:55:28 GMT 2002

Hello,

	Help!  - I had a established samba client running forever until I
was told that I had to move the server from one domain to another.  I had
the NT admin add the server to the new domain via server manager for
domains. I then edited the smb.conf file to the new "workgroup" and changed
to the new "password server" (security is set to DOMAIN).  I stopped the
daemons then run the command "smbpasswd -j CINCOM -r KIRK.   I received the
following message:

error connecting to 10.1.1.51:139 (Connection refused)
modify_trust_password: unable to connect to SMB server on machine KIRK.
Error was : code 0.
2002/10/24 11:12:34 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password for domain CINCOM.

What step am I missing?

Thanks,

Rae S. McCarthy