[Samba] Install to alternate location

Jennifer Crusade JCrusade at gtess1.com
Thu Oct 24 17:50:01 GMT 2002

Hello,

I am trying to download and install samba with winbind but I can not make it
go to a different location,   I do not want it to go to /usr/local/samba
because when I do then the system does not use the new version.  I have
tried to link the new version with the old but I could not get that to work
either.

If someone can assist me in making an install go to an alternate location as
well as how to make the system use the new install from an alternate
location.  I would like to know how to do both.

Thanks,

Jennifer Crusade
GTESS Corp.
CCNA, MCSE W2k\NT 4.0, MCP +I