[Samba] ipsec problem

Jack Aboutboul jaboutboul at speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 23 23:04:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 11:57, Thomas Angst wrote:
> I've got here a very strange problem.
> I've set up a vpn with freeswan between two subnets over the internet.
> Now I can ping from behind to behind.
> With Windows 98 I can search a computer which is in the other subnet and
> find the the computer.

Hey, Thomas. I have the same problem. Coming in over a transparent vpn,
i cant access smba shares. Only windows shares.

> If I'm looking for the samba in the other subnet, I get no match. But I
> can proberly use w2k to get access in the other subnet on the samba server.
> The only combination that not works is win98 to samba (yes
> smbclient/linux works too).

Same here. I dont search but when I use the unc to get to the machine, a
message comes up telling me no service is operating at the endpoint. I
am connecting a windows 9x/nt/2000 to samba share, not vice versa as you
are. No one has been able to help me yet. Please keep me posted if you
get a response.

Thanks,
Jack