[Samba] ipsec problem

Thomas Angst tangst at granitsoft.ch
Wed Oct 23 15:57:00 GMT 2002

Hello all together,

I've got here a very strange problem.
I've set up a vpn with freeswan between two subnets over the internet.
Now I can ping from behind to behind.
With Windows 98 I can search a computer which is in the other subnet and
find the the computer.
But...only the other computer is NOT a samba server. Means a w2k or w98
is ok.
If I'm looking for the samba in the other subnet, I get no match. But I
can proberly use w2k to get access in the other subnet on the samba server.
The only combination that not works is win98 to samba (yes
smbclient/linux works too).
And I was not searching for the computer by name I was only searching by
the ip address.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem can be?

thanks for any answers

Thomas Angst