[Samba] Samba Server

root root at nowin.samba.org
Wed Oct 23 10:19:00 GMT 2002

Hi

I work for an NGO in South Africa and am trying to configure a Samba server,
but I am way out of my depth!  Is there anyone who is willing to be very
patient and help me with this?

First question:  I have created a user with a password on my Linux server
under User Manager, and then I have created a share under Samba for that
user's home directory, but if I try and access it from my windows machine on
the network it keeps rejecting the password, so therefore I am assuming there
is something else that I need to do ...  What is it?  I have gone into the
password section on Samba, but It's not making much sense to me.  Does the
user have to be created there also, and if so how?  because it doesn't give
any indication as to whether the user has been created or not and there
doesn't seem to be any way of seeing anything.

Regards
Wendi