[Samba] Samba Question w/ RH 7.3 and Windows

Scott Wrosch kc8lir at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 22 12:40:01 GMT 2002

Hello,

A question I'm sure has been answered before, but I'm
still relatively new to Samba, and having just moved,
have not been able to locate any of my Samba reference
materials.

Anyways, I'm running a small Samba server at work
using RedHat Linux 7.3.  I did not set up Samba during
the RedHat installation, but rather downloaded it and
installed it afterwards.

Anyways, the network uses a Windows 2000 Server as the
PDC.  And we have various groups set up in the server.
 What I want to do is set up a share that can be
accessible only by the members of a specific group
that's already created in the Active Directory setup.
Can this be done?

I've read as much as I have had the time for, and
haven't been able to locate anything that helps.  If
someone can point me in the right direction, it would
be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Scott M. Wrosch