[Samba] HELP: building/installing client only?

Casey Harkins charkins at upl.cs.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 21 20:09:17 GMT 2002

Sorry, for the repost, but I didn't get any answers!
---

Is it possible to build and install ONLY what's necessary for using samba
as a client?

There are binary packages (Mandrake, RedHat, etc) that have a samba-common
and samba-client packages which do essentially this, however, I believe
they use an explicit list of files that need to be updated as samba
progresses. I would like to be able to build/install clients straight from
the source (without using rpm).

Thanks.

-casey