[Samba] (no subject)

David Kong davkong at pacific.net.sg
Thu Oct 17 05:00:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

When I try using Samba in linux 8 to share out some files in linux to a
Windows Me. I am able to ping both computers on each. I am able to access
files Windows Me files from Linux smbclient command. But when I go to
Windows ME the my network places I am able to see the linux computer icon.
When I click on it, it shows that the computername or filename not share or
network resource not available. At times, it says it cannot find resource on
the server.

I have defined in the samba server the share name as

[myshare]
path=/home/dk/

But somehow I cannot see this share resource in Windows. Can you help?