[Samba] Problem with Samba on Solaris 2.6

Richard Davies richard at brecon.co.uk
Mon Oct 21 17:32:00 GMT 2002

Hi All

I downloaded the binary package of Samba 2.2.2 on Friday from one of the
Samba mirror sites, I think Belgium, and installed it on a Sun E450
running Solaris 2.6.

Today everything has fallen flat on its face. Unfortunately I am on
holiday this week so not able to deal with the problem directly, but via
telephone calls. Apparently what is happening is that smbd is gobbling
up all the memory, the system is running out of swap (/tmp hits 100%)
and the machine locks up. As there is a live ERP system running on this
machine it is causing a bit of a problem. With no one on the machine
except root smbd starts using up memory, /tmp starts to fill. If smbd is
restarted memory useage drops and then starts building again. so
presently samba is stopped on this machine.

Any help, suggestions, etc would be appreciated.

Thanks

Richard