[Samba] Slow transfer file between Windows and Samba PDC (2.2.3a)

Mark Belfanti mark at mentat-it.com
Sat Oct 19 07:28:00 GMT 2002

Hi Guillamume,
I havn't had the same exact problem as you, however when I was using
2.2.3a I was seeing some slow performance, but I didn't measure it.
I have since upgraded to Samba 2.2.5 and now 2.2.6 and see no
performance issues at all so far. In fact it is noticeably faster than
servers running W2K or NT. I have also tried the HEAD version 3.0
alpha19 from CVS at one client and have no problem with performance with
that version either.

So first I would upgrade to the new Redhat 7.3 RPMs for Samba 2.2.6 that
have just been released and test again.

If this doesn't work please post the full smb.conf so we can see the
settings on the shares that you are copying to as settings here may
override what you have shown in the global section.

Mark