[Samba] Readonly AND Writable share

Carlo Corridore carlo at alenianola.finmeccanica.it
Fri Oct 18 10:13:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

first of all Thanks for any help.

I would like to share with SAMBA a Unix path to Windows clients.
The problem i have is this:

I want that this share would be READONLY for someone (or somewhat TCP/IP address) and
READABLE/WRITABLE for someone else (even if throught a user/passwd authentication).

I'm using Samba 2.2.6 and Wnt/W2k clients.

I'm trying to setup my environment fixing the following smb.conf options:

security
map to guest
guest account
guest ok
username
read only

and with the standard Unix permissions (user,group,others).

Am i on the right way or not ?
Do you think is it possible ?

Bye.

Below you can find my current smb.conf file
--
                      \\|//
                      (o o)

 Alenia Aeronautica
 Via Boscofangone Zona Industriale A.S.I.
 80035 Polvica di Nola (NA) ITALY
 Tel ++39-81-315-4103
 Fax ++39-81-315-4044
 mailto:carlo at alenianola.finmeccanica.it