[Samba] NT PDC problems...

Beau Sapach beau.sapach at ualberta.ca
Thu Oct 17 22:24:00 GMT 2002

Hello everyone.

I've got Samba version 2.2.2 running on Sparc Solaris 8 installed the
sunfreeware.com package.  I've configured the machine to be a PDC for a small
windows NT 4 domain.  My smb.conf file is below.  When logging on from a
workstation sometimes the login works fine, but most times I get an error saying
the domain controller can't be found.  When that happens I also get this in my
log.machine file:

[2002/10/17 15:01:46, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection(238)
  workstation (192.168.100.164) couldn't find service testuser

Where testuser is the name of my useraccount.  Anyone know what the problem is here?

Beau

=================smb.conf file===============

[global]
        client code page = 437
        netbios name = PDC
        workgroup = DOMAIN
        domain logons = yes
        server string = NT_PDC
        interfaces = 192.168.100.100/24
        status = yes
        browseable = yes
        lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
        null passwords = no
        wins support = yes
        name resolve order = lmhosts hosts bcast
        os level = 65
        local master = yes
        preferred master = yes
        domain master = yes
        getwd cache = yes
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY
        locking = yes
        map hidden = yes
        map archive = yes
        map system = yes
        security = user
        encrypt passwords = yes
        unix password sync = yes
        passwd chat = "*new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *changed*"
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        add user script = /usr/local/samba/bin/smbpasswd -a -m %m
        domain admin group = @adm
        follow symlinks = yes
        logon path = ""
        logon home = ""