[Samba] Don't know how to config after compiled the source code ? (Solved !)

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Wed Oct 16 16:17:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 05:18, Kevin Chan wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Finially my problem solved, after I change the following setting on my
> WindowsXP and reboot the PC:
>
> Using the registry editor (regedit), create the registry setting
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkStation\Param
> eters Add a new DWORD value: Value Name: EnablePlainTextPassword Data: 0x01

I strongly recommend against using plain text passwords...
you can use encrypted passwords between samba and winXP. Just leave
samba with its default settings and you should be able to log in.

If you can't you'll need to add your user on the samba server to the
samba password database with smbpasswd -a username

brad