[Samba] assigning group permission on clients in a domain

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Mon Oct 14 23:38:00 GMT 2002

I need to assign permissions to groups on clients of a Samba PDC.

The only groups I can see on a W2K client are default W2K groups
(Domain Users, Domain Admins, SYSTEM, DIALUP, etc...).

I mapped the Unix group "users" to "Domain Users" in

username map

users = "Domain Users"

but of course this is a workaround.

This cause a lot of "funny" things.
When I see "Domain Users" in the list it is specified as "DOMAIN\Domain
Users". Once I add it I see it as "LOCALMACHINE\Domain Users", when I
confirm and check later it is listed as "DOMAIN\users".

If I need more Domain wide groups (defined on the Samba PDC) that are
visible to the clients what should I do?

I'm running 2.2.5

"domain group map" is not anymore supported.

TIA

--
Salve
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo