[Samba] SAMBA with mounted ISO images

Jon Monroe jmonroe at imagebuilder.com
Mon Oct 14 17:22:01 GMT 2002

Hey all,

I discovered that if I terminate my login "token" (or whatever you call it
where the server has successfully authenticated your name/passwd and
records this) then the locked folder becomes free after about 60 seconds. I
tried this by doing a net login /d \\server\IPC$

I also noticed that after logging in, closing any open folders but NOT
releasing my login session, that there are *2* records in the
locks/connections.tdb file for my workstation. One of them has the IPC$ in
the key, while the other is presumably just for the folder. Perhaps I can
just delete this weird second entry manually to force release the folder
lock that I'm not using anyway without having to logout/login everytime? :)

I forgot last time:
x86 RH 8.0, samba 2.2.5 compiled from regular samba source.
win2k, sp3 w/s

Thanks again,
Jon