[Samba] strange error

Patrick Reolon preolon at paypa.ch
Sun Oct 13 19:15:01 GMT 2002

Hello,

Actually I am having a strange error where I hope you can help me:
As far as I know I think at least Samba is configured right but I don't
reach to connect from a Windows machine to the samba (on RedHat)
machine:
I tried to do following things to see where the error is:

* Testparm runs without a problem.
* When typing "$ smbclient -L yourhostname" it asks for a Password,
where I don't know which one exactly (root password does not work). it
gives the error "NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"
* When typing "$ smbclient -L yourhostname -U%" it gives the error
"NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD"
* When typing "$ smbclient //yourhostname/aservice" (replacing aservice
with a valid Username) it gives the error "NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"
I can ping the linux machine from the windows machine but I don't reach
to ping the windows machine from the linux-terminal.

Any Idea where the error can be???

Thank you for any help

Patrick