[Samba] browsing and mapping a drive using Samba 2.2.5 and Winbind

Lynn windwalker_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 11 16:39:00 GMT 2002

Currently, I am running Samba 2.2.5 and Winbind, I got to the point where I could issue the command /usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -u and it would list correctly all users.

WEBOFFICE+Administrator
WEBOFFICE+Guest
WEBOFFICE+IUSR_WIN-2000-SERVER
WEBOFFICE+IWAM_WIN-2000-SERVER
WEBOFFICE+krbtgt
WEBOFFICE+linh
WEBOFFICE+NetShowServices

I am on my Windows 2000 server; I click on the "My
Network Places" icon and click on the Linux computer icon (home),
and an error message appeared "\\home <file://\\home> is not accessible. The network path was not found"
I also mapped a drive to home \\10.77.77.1\administrator <file://\\10.77.77.1\administrator>, and a dialog box appeared. I put in the Windows domain user name and password, but an error message said "Incorrect password or unknown user name for: \\10.77.77.1\administrator <file://\\10.77.77.1\administrator>". Home has an ip address of 10.77.77.1. The computer WIN-2000-SERVER is connected behind home and obtain a DHCP address from home.

Please tell me what parameter to set in smb.conf so that browse and map to a drive would work. Thank you for your help.

Linh