[Samba] Memory Leak in 2.2.6rc2??

gsmith at ahbl.ca gsmith at ahbl.ca
Fri Oct 11 16:42:00 GMT 2002

We upgraded to 2.2.6rc2 yesterday to continue our resolving of the printer
driver problems.  (Thanks Jerry & Rohin)  For unrelated reasons I wanted to
log into the machine late last night and found Putty couldn't connect.

When I get in this morning the server was completely hooped with Out of
Memory errors on the screen with SMBD as the offending process.  Trying to
log into any console resulted in an instant lockup with the same error so I
was forced to hard reboot.

Anyone had any similar experience?

Some relevant info:

The server was not rebooted after upgrading to 2.2.6rc2 from Pre2, just the
Samba services where re-started.

HP's WebJetAdmin Daemon was running with over 20 instances. (Was 2 before).
We've taken it off for now as we're not big enough to warrant that level of
control.

Greg