[Samba] who's on

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Fri Oct 11 15:16:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 03:57:46PM +0200, Dylan Jones wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Probably a dumb one too, but simply I cannot put my finger on what command
> to use in order to see who's locally logged on; let me be more accurate in
> my description:
> we run win98 PC all accessing shares on the linux boxes via samba. Several
> users & shares. When I use finger or who to see who's logged on I only get
> to see who's logged on directly through ssh or telnet, but can't see who's
> on through samba.

This bash commandline will give you a list of sambalogons:

(smbstatus -S | grep -v "^Samba\|^Service\|^-\|^$" | \
	while read SHARE USR GRP PID MACH IP ABR MONTH DAY TIME YEAR; \
		do echo $USR; \
		done;) | uniq

If you use a configurable fingerdaemon, than you are able to solve your problem.
Take a search on freshmeat with the keyword "finger". I konw there a
configurable finger daemons..

Frank.
--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de