[Samba] Filesystem for Samba server

Michael Heironimus mkh01 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 10 01:43:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 09:03:44PM -0400, Bradley W. Langhorst wrote:
> remember that raid5 can only tolerate one failure and if you build the

This is why you should always have at least one hot spare. Any even
halfway-decent RAID setup will detect failure and automatically begin
rebuilding the failed drive on to the spare. I've worked with arrays
that had more than 12 drives and I have never seen more than one failure
at a time. Of course that was with server-quality hardware, if you go
out and buy the cheapest drives you can find and run them off the
cheapest power supply you can find then you might have a lot more
failures....

--
Michael Heironimus