[Samba] Mapping Printers Easy

Irving Carrion icarrion at allinterior.com
Mon Oct 7 18:55:01 GMT 2002

Hello All!

This may be an easy question for someone out there.  It is just not
registering in my head.

We have a share on our SAMBA server that acts like a printer, but is
really a fax.  Our users are able to print any doc and this will (after
a few steps) fax to its destination.  This works great (smbfax).

Now, I'd like to be able to add this printer to all users on boot up.
I've used "net use lpt1 \\server\myfax" in a logon script.  The problem
with this is if a user already has a printer on lpt1 it will screw up
there default printer.  I've also thought of using lpt2 instead, but
most of our pc's don't have 2 parallel ports.

So, I can't see any solution.  Does anyone out their have any
suggestions?

Thanks!