[Samba] Authentication problems with winbind (I am so close)

Tony afulchino at attbi.com
Sun Oct 6 00:28:00 GMT 2002

Hi

I have a Windows PDC and I am setting up a Redhat7.3 box with samba and
winbind to have users who log onto the Redhat box get authenticated by
the Windows PDC. Winbind seems to be installed correctly because I get
all the correct information by using wbinfo and I can authenticate with
no problem by logging into the console on the redhat box. (DOMAIN+user).
But when I try to login on the RH box graphical login (GNOME) still
using DOMAIN+user I get authentication failure. I am using PAM and the
only modules I changed were the login and system-auth. I also changed
the smb.conf file and added all the winbind stuff. Is there something I
am missing or not setting up correctly? BTW, All the user accounts are
on the Windows PDC.

Thanks in advance