[Samba] Profiles and automatic drive mappings

John Benedetto jbenedet at unm.edu
Thu Oct 3 17:12:01 GMT 2002

The actual root of this problem is educating your users to put SHORTCUTS on
their desktop, not the actual files themselves... poor organization of
files,  if you ask me.

If you don't want to save profiles, turn them off in the smb.conf.

I don't think you CAN turn off the Z: mapping; think 'feature' not bug
(blame MS).  Why not just change the H: to Z: in the logon file?

- jb

--On Thursday, October 03, 2002 12:01 AM +0000 Aton <aton at skyenet.net>