[Samba] config.pol

Bob Crandell bob at assuredcomp.com
Tue Oct 1 15:21:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I just installed a new Samba server to replace an old dying Novell box for a client.
 It works well and they are happy.  The one problem I'm having is when any user logs
in, they get a message saying it can't find \\master\netlogon\config.pol.  This is
coming from a messed up roaming profiles configuration on the Novell box, which is
off.  I don't have any experience with roaming profiles and I don't want any.

My question is can you either
1)  tell me how to turn it off on each workstation or
2)  send and empty/do nothing config.pol?

This would be a great product if it wasn't for Windoze.  :^/

Thanks
--
Bob Crandell
Assured Computing