[Samba] Mounting a Samba Share in /etc/fstab

Joseph A Nagy Jr pagan_prince at charter.net
Fri Nov 29 23:49:01 GMT 2002

James wrote:
> Here is an excerpt from a reply to a prior post of mine. This works well
> on my machine, and should help you:
> On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 20:45, Simeonidis, Steve wrote:
>
>>I haven't played with permissions much but I've got the following
>>line in my /etc/fstab file and it works fine.
>>

>>//abinidi/common        /abinidi/common         smbfs
>>uid=500,gid=500,credentials=/etc/smbmount_passwd,workgroup=SGL-AUS,rw
>
> 0 0
>
>>The content of the smbmount_passwd is
>>username = xxxxxxx
>>password = xxxxxx
>>
>>owned by root.
<snip>

Thanks!

--
Joseph A Nagy Jr                 Purgatory is where Windows users go when they
Founder and CEO                  die so they can figure out Linux and ascend into

C.S.S.: Construct Skilled in Sabotage
H.T.M.L.: Hazardous Troubleshooting and Mathematics Lifeform
http://www.brunching.com/cgi/cyborger.cgi?acronym=Linux