[Samba] Need a cron script written

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Fri Nov 29 06:36:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Kevin Brown wrote:

> I do this manually:
> smbmount //Beverley/C /home/data
> pwd: "insert pwd"
> cp -ruv /home/samba/public /home/data
> smbumount /home/data
>
> This lets me do the following:
> make a copy of all my samba shares on the server to a client named Beverley C
> drive.
> ruv does the following
> recursive (all subdirectories and subfolders)
> unchanged (only write over when newer)
> verbose
>
> pwd: "insert pwd" would be my password for that share (secret!!)

If you change this to:
smbmount //Beverley/C /home/data -o,username=KevinBrown,password=SECRET
You shouldn't get prompted for a password.

> the only problem is I can not get cp to do this "quietly or without input, even dropping
> the "v" makes me confirm each write.

try /bin/cp -a /home/samba/public /home/data

> I need to unmount the share at end of backup.
> Any ideas of doing it another way much appreciated.
> I currently run a cron job, tar -cvfpP /dev/st0 /home/samba/public weekly to save all
> my samba server shares to tape.

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!