[Samba] Cups

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Thu Nov 28 12:35:01 GMT 2002

Perhaps you are using an older version of cups (1.1.15 or earlier).
In this versions the daemon puts itself to background before having loaded all
printers (including ppds, filters...).
This leads to the situation, that samba may request the list of printers
before cups is ready to serve it.
That's the reason, why samba gets the list after a restart.
Solution:
wait a little time after cups has been started or (better)
use a current release of cups (1.1.16 or cvs).

bye

Martin Zielinski       mz at seh.de