[Samba] Cups

Bjoern Jacke samba at j3e.de
Thu Nov 28 12:41:02 GMT 2002

On 2002-11-28 at 10:22 +0000 Simon Chappell sent off:
>Can anyone advise how to get Cups to survive a reboot with samba.
>After Reboot both samba and cups are running but there are no samba preinters
>unless I restart Samba. I have set links to rc3.d so that cups starts before
>samba but still doesnt work.

you simply need to make sure that cupsd is being *fully* started (not
just starting in background) before samba is being started. I don't
know much about the RH init script internals, so I can't tell you what
to do exactly. On SuSE Linux it works out of the box. On RH, try
changing the order the scripts are executed and make sure the cupsd is
fully up. A little sleep might help in the script, too.

Bjoern