[Samba] CUPS cancel print problem

Paul Mitchell pmitchell at modus-scotland.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 12:06:01 GMT 2002

Strange problem here, whenever a job is selected by the user to delete, it
disappears from the print queue visible from Windows (after press F5), but
still remains in the cups queue.

I've seen some mention of using disable spoolss, to fix problems like this,
however, we have the printer drivers on the samba box.

The configuration below is from our sandbox server, sandbox.  The domain
master is a Samba server.  The sandbox is runing SuSE 8.1, CUPS 1.1.15 and
Samba 2.2.6

This also happens on our production server SuSE 7.3 CUPS 1.1.15 and Samba 2.26

Thanks,
Paul

[global]
        workgroup = MODUS
        netbios name = sandbox
        server string = IT Test server
        os level = 32
        time server = yes
        unix extensions = yes
        encrypt passwords = yes
        log level = 1
        syslog = 0
        printing = CUPS
        printcap name = CUPS
        socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
        wins support = no
        veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/
        map to guest = Bad User
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Re-enter*new*password* %n\n
*Password*changed*
        unix password sync = Yes
        preferred master = no
        domain master = no