[Samba] Problem authenticating against a W2K server

Gareth Davies gdavies at willowbrook.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 10:31:00 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ingimar Robertsson" <iar at skyrr.is>
To: <samba at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2002 10:00 AM
Subject: [Samba] Problem authenticating against a W2K server

> Hi there.
>
> I'm having a problem letting a Samba server (MYSAMBA) authenticate users
> (using "security = domain" and a "password server = MYPDC") against a
> Windows 2000 PDC (MYPDC).  The Windows 2000 machine seems (I'm not 100%
<snip>

Add the machine to the domain on the Win2k PDC using AD.

Then smbpasswd -j DOMAINNAME -r PDCIP -U Administrator%password

Then wbinfo -A Administrator%password

Then it should work fine.

I'm kinda getting tired of this, can't we redo the docs for Winbind LOL

             Shaolin - IT Systems
                     WB Ltd.
.: http://www.security-forums.com :.