[Samba] mapping accountnames and SID's error in winxp sp1

Bas Goes b.e.a.goes at student.utwente.nl
Thu Nov 28 08:50:01 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a samba pdc with several win95 and winxp sp1 pc's
connecting to it. I've used the samba-ldap-pdc howto with samba 2.2.7
and as far as i know i am all settled. Still i get a message when really
connecting to the domain instead of shares from winxp (no problems in
win95) that tells me that it can't map the accountnames to the
security-id's or something like it (I had to translate it from dutch to
english). Authentication is ok, I can access shares in xp (can this be
turned off as in domain logon only, or will I get problems with win95
then?), but when i try to do domain logons I get the previously
mentioned message. Seems like I have missed a step. Had done the
registry editing signorseal and have set up groups in ldap and they're
working in linux. I have assigned the users to the group: Domain Users
still it ain't working. Where did i get stupid (probably 27 years ago or
something :))?

Thanks in advance

Bas