[Samba] Samba printer questions

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Nov 27 23:39:01 GMT 2002

Yes, you are new to this.

It must be a bad idea to use the same directory for the samba directory as
the local print queue directory. Permissions, of course.
So, use /tmp or something which everyone can write to.

In troubleshooting this thing, keep in mind how it works:
The client transfers the print job to the samba spool directory.
Samba then calls the printing software using the print command you supplied
in the share definition.
Its really simple. Permissions and paths and the like are the big things
which hang you up. Plus, printer drivers, of course.

Joel