[Samba] Spanish characters & Win98

Brian Gewin bgewin at tnc.org
Wed Nov 27 20:08:01 GMT 2002

Here is an example of a foldername containing Spanish characters that I am
having problems with on Win98 and Samba: "Thís is a tést Ñ".  When copying
this folder from a Win98 client to a Samba 2.2.4 share I get the error "You
may not be able to access files created in the folder Thís is a tést Ñ".
Works fine on Win2K and XP clients and all Windows servers.  I suspect I
will have to use a Samba Code Page other than the default 850 or create my
own.  Does anyone have a quick fix for this?

Thanks.
Brian Gewin
The Nature Conservancy