[Samba] Samba.

Erik Jakobsen erik at urbakken.dk
Wed Nov 27 16:31:01 GMT 2002

On Wednesday 27 November 2002 17:17, John H Terpstra wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Erik Jakobsen wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I sent a question to the list yesterday about my problem printing from my
> > win98 laptop via samba in my linux box to my USB deskjet printer
> > connected to the linux box.

> simply stated what was happening. If you want help from people on a
> mailing list then you need to be very brief and very clear about what help
> you need.

Why do you say that I have to go back to that e-mail ?.
To the last. Then I'm sorry. I told in the e-mail from yesterday what the
problem was.

> I would recommend that you in the [printers] section you spool to
> /var/spool/samba, not to /tmp. The samba spool directory needs to be set
> with permissions 1777, ie: rwxrwxrwt. This is where the print jobs are
> collected from the Windows client, when the job has arrived it is then
> sent to the CUPS spooler.

Thanks for this info.

> Your information says nothing about your CUPS configuration. Can you print
> to the USB printer from Linux?

As mentioned in the first e-mail, yes I can.

Here is the printer.conf file:
-------------------------------------
# Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.1.15
# Written by cupsd on Wed 27 Nov 2002 03:30:52 PM GMT
<DefaultPrinter lj1100>
Info Hewlett-Packard HP LaserJet 1100
Location Parallel printer on /dev/lp0
DeviceURI parallel:/dev/lp0