[Samba] Samba.

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Nov 27 16:24:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Erik Jakobsen wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I sent a question to the list yesterday about my problem printing from my
> win98 laptop via samba in my linux box to my USB deskjet printer connected to
> the linux box.

simply stated what was happening. If you want help from people on a
mailing list then you need to be very brief and very clear about what help
you need.

I would recommend that you in the [printers] section you spool to
/var/spool/samba, not to /tmp. The samba spool directory needs to be set
with permissions 1777, ie: rwxrwxrwt. This is where the print jobs are
collected from the Windows client, when the job has arrived it is then
sent to the CUPS spooler.

Your information says nothing about your CUPS configuration. Can you print
to the USB printer from Linux?

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra