[Samba] Samba & Windows ME

Chad Baker bakechad at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 27 15:12:00 GMT 2002

I just installed Red Hat 7.2 and Samba.  Everything
went smoothly as it has always gone in the past.  All
of my clients connect and I have had no problems,
except for one Windows ME machine.  The Windows ME
machine connects without a problem and I can copy and
open single files without a problem.  The problem
starts when I try to copy a directory containing 130
megs of files from the Windows ME machine to the Samba
server.  The files copy fine and are on the Samba
server in tact and the Windows side shows them as
complete as well.  But then Windows Explorer locks up
and the lights on the switch keep going for hours.  No
additional data seems to be written on the Samba side,
but the lights don’t stop until I kill the process on
the Windows machine.  Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks

Chad