[Samba] Upgrade failed? 2.2.5-pre1 to 2.2.7

Sylvestre Taburet staburet at mandrakesoft.com
Wed Nov 27 14:59:42 GMT 2002

Le Mercredi 27 Novembre 2002 15:48, Brent Torrenga a écrit :
> Hello,
> 	I downloaded the source, followed the instaructions to the T (make,
> install, etc...). Everything seemed to go fine, I think the compilation and
> installation were flawless (after all, I have compiled 2.2.5 sucessfully,
> and havent done anything to this box as far as removing software
> libraries), there were no reported errors. The install portion even had the
> messages saying all went well, you know the few lines bordered by the
> "---------" at top and bottom.
> 	Anyways, I restart, and it is still reporting version 2.2.5-pre1. Any
> ideas? Any more info that would help?
>
> Mandrake 8.2 on a pentium 100, 40 MB ram, plenty of HD space.

The samba you compiled is probably installed in /usr/local if you didn't
specify any --prefix options during configure phase. I suggest you do a "make
uninstall" from the samba source directory to remove your faulty 2.2.7
installation and install the compiled 2.2.7 RPMS for mandrake Linux 8.2
(unofficial) you can get from this link:

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~staburet/freshsamba

Cheers,
--
Sylvestre Taburet - Project Manager - 1024D/030E1B7E
Mandrakesoft S.A. - 43, rue d'Aboukir, 75002 Paris - FRANCE