[Samba] Win98 and 1026 error.

Valter Dal Bo dalbo at tesco.it
Tue Nov 26 16:51:02 GMT 2002

Dear All,

I've got a problem with WIN98 and SAMBA 2.2.2 on IRIX 6.5.16.
What appens is that connecting to a share I cannot see any file in the
share.
Also, sometimes the share has files in it (!!!) but when I try to copy
one of them to the local disk, I get a 1026 error.
And again if  I try to create a new file into a share, sometimes it
works, sometimes it doesn't and I get the 1026 error.

I had a look at all the mailing lists archives, all the FAQs and I found
that all could be related to my localized (italian) version of Windows.
The solution in this case should have been to change some params in win
registry, add a "character set ISO-8859-1" to my smb.conf and all should
have worked all right.

Well, it doesn't at all.
Changeing all that above infact did not change anything at all !!!!

What can I do ?
Please help !!!

Valter