[Samba] Windows XP

Simon Chappell s.chappell at isnsuk.com
Tue Nov 26 16:56:46 GMT 2002

Hello all
I am having trouble with Windows XP (serves you right I hear you say) and Samba in a Samba Domain.
I join the windows XP system to the domain but after reboot it says that it cant find the domain.
The windows 98 system is OK.
When I look at the smbpasswd file the XP system is shown with a $ after its name.
Can anyone point me in the right direction.
My server is RH8. The version of samba is the version bundled with RH8.0.
Simon