[Samba] Password-changing program "cpasswords.c"

Dean Pentcheff dean2 at biol.sc.edu
Tue Nov 26 02:22:06 GMT 2002

For use by anyone who might find it useful (I've recently received
requests for it), here's a link to the "cpasswords.c" password-changing
program I wrote a few years ago:

	http://collections.nhm.org/code/

It uses the pre-existing Linux password-changing programs to allow
simultaneous changing of the Unix, SMB, and AppleTalk passwords.  Code
to enable each "flavor" of password change can be selectively enabled at
compile-time.  This program can be used on the command-line, as a login
shell (so telnet "logins" only allow password changes), or from within a
(suitably secure) web CGI program.  Normal users can only change their
own password; root or wheel-group users can change anyone's password.

Thanks go to Simo Sorce (idra at samba.org) for pointing out my sloppy
licencing in prior versions and encouraging me to post the code here.

-Dean
--
Dean Pentcheff <dean2 at biol.sc.edu>