[Samba] Samba newbie question...

Robert Adkins raa at impelind.com
Mon Nov 25 17:17:01 GMT 2002

John,

	One thing that I would love to see in Swat would be an area to configure
a PDC and or a BDC (For another Samba PDC.)

	The only other thing that I would like to see is that SWAT leaves the
smb.conf file in some kind of structured state. I was left with a working
smb.conf file, but it was mangled and I had some issues with seeing where
SWAT moved some of my settings.

	All Domain related flags in one section (perhaps flagged DOMAIN
Components)

	I really would just like to see all of the flags for a related section
broken up from a looooong listing of all the flags and separated with
some kind of identifier. (It doesn't have include documentation.) In
fact, I removed all the documentation in the smb.conf file I created and
just left the parts broken up in my own file.

	Perhaps SWAT could include a little check box to optimize the file,
removing all non-essential text and putting everything into a single list
and perhaps have another that will break up the list into logical
sections. It makes it much easier for trouble-shooting from afar if you
need to ssh into the server.

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer