[Samba] Kerberos and smbmount

Antti Tikkanen antti.tikkanen at hut.fi
Mon Nov 25 13:52:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have been playing with the latest alpha (samba-3.0alpha20) for a while
now trying to get Kerberos and smbmount working together to access shares
on a Windows 2000 Server SP3.

As I understand it, without modifications to the code this should not work
at all. I tried to make a few changes, namely setting c->use_kerberos=True
and commenting out c->use_spnego=False. I also had to comment out
c->force_dos_errors=True.

With these changes, smbmount sets up the connection with Kerberos just
fine. I can see the mounted share, view and delete files and directories.
What I cannot do is create new directories and files (Input/output error).
Everything works when I disable my changes and use regular password
authentication. Everything also works when I use smbclient and Kerberos.

Is full Kerberos support going to be added to smbmount some time in the
near future? I saw some earlier posts which indicated that this should be
a rather trivial task. I guess something goes wrong with the error
handling in my case?

Regards,
Antti

Antti.Tikkanen at hut.fi