[Samba] server passwrod authentication

Chris Croswhite ccroswhite at get2chip.com
Mon Nov 25 06:10:01 GMT 2002

I need some help.  I have setup samba with server passwd authentication,
"passwd = <netbios name of server>".  The authentication works for the fist
five users and then quites and always trys to authenticate to it local
passwd db.  As soon as I reboot the server, authentication takes place for
another five poeple until again, sabma falls back to authenticating against
its local data base.  The servers that I am trying to use as authentication
servers are Win2k SP3  AD.  The samba server is running on on Solaris 8 with
latest patches.  Samba was built with gcc 2.95.3, as and ld 2.11.x.  It is
samba version 2.2.6.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Chris

Here is smb.conf:

[global]
  workgroup =
  encrypted passwords = no
  log file = /usr/local/samba/va/log.%m
  max log size = 50
  os level = 1
  preferred master = false
  domain master = false
  dns proxy = no
  hosts allow = 192.168.1. 192.168.2. 10.1.2. 10.1.1.
  netbios name = Crag
  security = server1 server2 server3
  deadtime = 10
  keepalivee = 0
  socket options = SP_KEEPALIVE TCP_NODELAY
  debug level = 5
  enhanced browsing = yes

[Profiles]
  comment = Profiles for TSE and wkstations
  path = /export/home/profiles
  read only = yes
  guest ok = yes
  nt acl support = no