[Samba] profile problems with XP and my samba box

Unix Rookie unixrookie at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 22 23:16:00 GMT 2002

--- "Bradley W. Langhorst" <brad at langhorst.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 09:36, Unix Rookie wrote:
> >
> > alright... before you guys nail the culprit as the reg issue... know that i
> > applied the reg fix right up front.
> are you sure it's applied to all the control sets?
> check with regedit.

Okay, i've checked all the control sets.... all of them have the sighnorseal
value of 0.

> > the system was working fine... i reinstalled XP last night.  i was able to
> > connect to the PDC after the initial root login.
> >
> > however, now it seems that things are going all wrong.  i haven't changed
> any
> > settings on the samba server.
> you gotta provide more details than this...

what would you like to know?  the directory permissions on the samba server
haven't been changed.  for some reason, i cannot browse my shared samba drive.
he'll i can't see the samba server in network neighborhood.

> > another thing i've noticed is that i cannot connect to the shared samba
> drive
> > for the user i login with.
> error messages? logs?
>
> brad

these are the winxp errors shown in eventlog:

Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	Userenv
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	1525