[Samba] swat not found

Wolfram Quester wquester at gandalf.physik.uni-konstanz.de
Thu Nov 21 10:13:01 GMT 2002

Hello Narendra,

As dicussed formerly on this list for other redhat systems
you probably don't have swat installed.

I cite John H Terpstra:

[...]
Check your Red Hat install CD's. Look in the RedHat/base/RPMS directory
on CD1 or CD2 and you might find a package called swat-2.2....

If you have installed the samba RPM off the samba FTP site then SWAT is
automatically installed as part of the package.

You may need to edit /etc/inetd.conf or /etc/xinetd.d/swat to enable
SWAT
on Red Hat linux.

- John T.
[...]

and Michael S. E. Kraus:

[...]
`rpm -qa | grep swat` may also indicate if it's installed already or
not...

Mike
[...]