[Samba] Hi!

Michael Sage michael.sage at pitman-norwich.co.uk
Wed Nov 20 10:07:01 GMT 2002

A brief introduction on me before I start on the problem!

I am a sys admin working in the UK, I have administrated and set-up windows
networks, Novell networks and administrated Linux Networks before.

I have used Samba on a 9x network before very successfully, I now work for a
'proper' company and they use 2k Pro and XP Pro on the network as well as
9x.

I am trying to use Samba as a PDC, there are no Windows Servers on the
network
so it should be ok, I have follows the Samba Project Documentation to the
letter (at least once), my 9x clients can log in with encrypted passwords so
everything is
fine. However I cannot 'promote' an NTx box (i.e Win 2k Pro, XP Pro) in the
domain, I get the following error: "The remote procedure call failed". I am
using version 2.2.6.

Any ideas???  :o?

Thanks

Michael Sage