[Samba] Hi!

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Wed Nov 20 10:55:59 GMT 2002

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 10:06:13AM -0000, Michael Sage wrote:
> A brief introduction on me before I start on the problem!
>
> I am a sys admin working in the UK, I have administrated and set-up windows
> networks, Novell networks and administrated Linux Networks before.
>
> I have used Samba on a 9x network before very successfully, I now work for a
> 'proper' company and they use 2k Pro and XP Pro on the network as well as
> 9x.
>
> I am trying to use Samba as a PDC, there are no Windows Servers on the
> network
> so it should be ok, I have follows the Samba Project Documentation to the
> letter (at least once), my 9x clients can log in with encrypted passwords so
> everything is
> fine. However I cannot 'promote' an NTx box (i.e Win 2k Pro, XP Pro) in the
> domain, I get the following error: "The remote procedure call failed". I am
> using version 2.2.6.
>
> Any ideas???  :o?

Have you setup the corresponding machine accounts?
If you don't what "machine accounts" are, please read
	http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf
and/or take a look at
	http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de