[Samba] CUPS drivers and Samba

David Morel david.morel at amakuru.net
Tue Nov 19 23:02:47 GMT 2002

Le mar 19/11/2002 à 19:41, Romeyn Prescott a écrit :
> I am TRYING to get driver distribution working with CUPS and Samba.
> I'm stuck here:
>
> http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#AEN1050
>
> I can NOT for the life of me find or figure out how to extract the
> files listed:
>
>          ADFONTS.MFM
>          ADOBEPS4.DRV
>          ADOBEPS4.HLP
>          ADOBEPS5.DLL
>          ADOBEPSU.DLL
>          ADOBEPSU.HLP
>          DEFPRTR2.PPD
>          ICONLIB.DLL
>
> I've been to Adobe's website and downloaded their "Universal
> Postscript Windows Driver Installer" but it seems to me to be Mostly
> Useless when it comes to getting these files installed anywhere.
>
> Please enlighten me, what am I missing?

Actually, you have to start the install so the files are extracted in a
temporary location. Do not perform the full install but look for the
files on your win hd (tip:use the win95 and win nt drivers if i recall
correctly) while the install window is open. It was easier with the
previous version, but it's the way i found with the newer one.