[Samba] CUPS drivers and Samba

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Nov 19 18:59:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 13:41, Romeyn Prescott wrote:
> I am TRYING to get driver distribution working with CUPS and Samba.
> I'm stuck here:
>
> http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#AEN1050
>
> I can NOT for the life of me find or figure out how to extract the
> files listed:
>
>          ADFONTS.MFM
>          ADOBEPS4.DRV
>          ADOBEPS4.HLP
>          ADOBEPS5.DLL
>          ADOBEPSU.DLL
>          ADOBEPSU.HLP
>          DEFPRTR2.PPD
>          ICONLIB.DLL
>
> I've been to Adobe's website and downloaded their "Universal
> Postscript Windows Driver Installer" but it seems to me to be Mostly
> Useless when it comes to getting these files installed anywhere.

You may get more responses if you don't reply to a message but post a
new one (yours will get threaded away in some mail clients).

To install a printer driver on samba you need to follow the directions
in the howto collection.

Essentially
browse to the printer share on the server, get the properties, go to
sharing...
you should get a windows dialog asking for the location of the files you
downloaded (there should be an inf file in there)

samba will suck up the drivers and store them in its own format for
feeding to clients.

brad