[Samba] Problem with win2k and winXP

Klaus Umbach Klaus.Umbach at rapidsolution.de
Tue Nov 19 17:15:01 GMT 2002

Hello,
I have a network, where users want to login with their same username from
Windows 2000 and from Windows XP on a samba PDC.
When the machines logon, I can see the OS in the logfile of the machine on
my server, but i cannot use different profiles for Win2k and WinXP, because
the %a in smb.conf always gives back Win2k.

The profiles of win2k and winXP aren't compatible, so i can't just ignore this.

I hope someone understood my problem and may help me.

Klaus

--
Klaus Umbach	| RapidSolution Software AG
Administration	| umbach at rapidsolution.de
	http://www.rapidsolution.de